Join the Global Grant
Since 1997, the Guatemala Literacy Project (GLP) has secured over 40 matching grants and Global Grants from The Rotary Foundation. We’re so excited for your club to join us!
Follow the five steps below to join our current Global Grant and multiply your impact on students in Guatemala.
1) Review the GLP Request for Funding
Below you can find the updated Request for Funding with all of the details on the next upcoming grant to share with your club’s International Service Committee!
(You can find even more details on current and past Global Grants on our Global Grant Details page.)
3) Mail Your Check
Send your club’s donation in USD by October 15 to:
Guatemala Literacy Project
2300 Montana Ave, Suite 401
Cincinnati, OH 45211
United States of America
Note: Due to bank fees, we can no longer accept funds in other currencies.
Special Instructions for Canadian Clubs
Send your club’s donation to:
Rotary Club of Windsor-Roseland
PO Box 23043, 3100 Howard Avenue
Windsor, ON N8X 5B5
Special Instructions for Clubs Outside of the US and Canada
If your club is neither in the US nor Canada, there are currently three ways to pay your pledge:
- Send a check or money order in USD.
- Submit your payment online using these instructions. Note: If your club does not do electronic payments, any club member can make the transaction with a personal credit or debit card and be reimbursed by the treasurer.
- Submit your payment to The Rotary Foundation (TRF) after the grant is approved in June. Note: If you choose this option you will need to add an additional 5% for the “extra support” fee levied by TRF.
4) Request a Match
Contact your District Rotary Foundation Chairperson to request District Designated Funds (DDF).
The GLP will take care of all Global Grant paperwork and request matches from The Rotary Foundation—helping your club funds multiply up to 3 times!
We also have a surprise matching opportunity for Global Grant #2012567. Although The Rotary Foundation is not matching club contributions this year, an anonymous donor fund in Guatemala has agreed to match club contributions $0.50 to $1 just like TRF has done in the past, up to $100,000 to help offset the loss of the World Fund match!
5) That’s It!
Thank you for supporting literacy in Guatemala! As a supporting club you will receive:
- A complete report detailing who benefited from your contribution and how the funds were spent
- Photographs of the schools and students
- Letters from the children benefiting from the projects
- The right to name a Guatemala Literacy Fellow for every $1,000 contributed