We are so thankful for the that have already pledged over $300,000 for the GLP’s 2023-2024 Global Grant!
Yet even with this generous support, we are currently far below our goal of the $500,000 needed to fully implement the grant. Without more club and DDF pledges, we will have to reduce the scope of this year’s Global Grant, and thousands of Guatemalan students will not receive the support they need. We will likely have to:
- Cut all take-home materials for the Spark primary literacy program
- Provide training to only 7 textbook school teachers vs. the 180 we planned to train
- Decrease the size of Spark classroom libraries by 25%
- Reduce Rotary support of youth development services by 88%
We desperately need your help. If your club has not yet pledged, please ask them to do so. We have extended the pledge deadline to December 15! Pledge here today to join Guatemala Literacy Project Global Grant #2351451.
If your club has already pledged, THANK YOU! It means so much to us and the students who will benefit. Will you please check here to confirm that we received your pledge? If you think your club was left off this list in error, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Also, would you consider doing one or more of the following:
- Contact your District Rotary Foundation Chairperson to find out if your district will match your club’s contribution with District Designated Funds (DDF). We are happy to help with this! Contact Jessica Stieritz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: DDF pledges are not due until January.
- Reach out to contacts at other clubs in your district or anywhere around the world and encourage them to support this important project.
- Consider increasing your pledge. If your budget allows, we would be incredibly grateful for any additional support you could provide.
Thank you for joining with the GLP, the Rotary Clubs of Downey, CA (D5280) and Guatemala Las (D4250), and Rotarians around the world to help Guatemalan schoolchildren break the cycle of poverty through education.